Sunday, February 10, 2008

Unbelievable

Some of the opportunities life brings you to is amazing.

A friend of mine is from South Africa. His brother came up to visit. They came over to our house for tea and scones (cooked by my amazing roommate) and today we went to church and then out for lunch. Rory and I had had several verbal battles by then, and (as is typical with me), I'd let out a couple of "I could take you!" remarks. That's when I found out that he had been Nelson Mandela's chief bodyguard. Head of his security throughout his presidency. Amazing. He told a couple of crazy stories. Of course, I couldn't back down then, but I think we both had a good laugh after that. Who knew?

Other than that, it's been an amazing week. And (even better) it is reading week this next week, so I'll catch up on all that sleep I've been missing. Slow down, relax, and get some good solid work done. The week before last was a bit of a nightmare, so this is really nice. Peace is such a valuable thing.

Also, Rory wrote a book about his time with Mandela, you can take a look at it here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/One-Step-Behind-Mandela-Nelson/dp/1868722694

No comments: