Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Beginning of Resurrection


My last post was made just before Good Friday. This post is now after Easter. And that, it seems, has made all the difference.

I've been offered a TA position in Old Testament, which will be a lot of fun. I've also worked out a plan to work with the history professor that I wanted to work with so badly, and in a way that will give me much better feedback on the places I need work. And, just moments ago, my new thesis proposal was approved without reservation. (A quick note to all you kids out there: if you can't beat them with brevity, overwhelm them with length and details. A 12,000 word proposal for a 40,000 word thesis gets approved apparently.)

In fact, quite ironically, one of the committee called the new one "much tighter" than my original 3,500 word proposal. Unbelievable!

Apart from that I'm only waiting on Cambridge, but that is largely irrelevant, since I won't be going in October anyways. It's been a tough lent, but worth the wait.

No comments: