Monday, March 3, 2008

Taste of the World

I haven't posted for a while, so I figured it was time.

We had "Taste of the World" here at Regent. It was like missionfest food and entertainment without the missions. Also, everything was actually by people authentically from the countries being represented. At the Canada booth we had TimBits, nanaimo squares, and salmon. Perfect.

Walking home, I was amazed by the difference between walking around during the day and during the night. The stars were out, and it was beautiful. And then you look around and there are cats everywhere. And skunks too, though I didn't go too closely to investigate. But there is this peaceful serenity, that you just don't see during the day. I could wander around for hours. But I also find that every time I do, I end up running into people I know who kinda look at me weird, and wonder if I'm quite well or not. Oh well.

In other news, I've been an unintentional poster girl. Last year, I went down to the National Pastor's Conference in San Diego with my buddies at Vanguard. Good times. Well, this time, they went back and found this photo!

Ironically, I know exactly when this was taken. I had sat down to read, and none other than Eugene Peterson sat down at the table next to me, and engaged in conversation with a pastor. I assume the photographer wanted pictures of him, and just coincidentally grabbed this one of me. Either way, I think I should get royalties!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a good time in San Diego...hmm...I've always wanted to converse with Mr. Peterson...