Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Baby's Been Born!

The people who live upstairs have had a baby!

A little boy was born Tuesday morning, and now I can hear him crying at times. I haven't met him yet (and he still hasn't been named), but it's a neat thing to know he's up there. I spoke to the the dad today, and he is rather delighted.

I also saw Juno recently. Great movie. I highly recommend it. It reminded me of "Little Miss Sunshine", an indie movie that was heartfelt and sweet, and affirmed life in all its weird, comical, and tragic bits.

There is so much to learn, so much to experience, so much to see. I sometimes feel overwhelmed by it all. I wish I could read and watch and listen all at the same time. I think this is what reading "The Creation" by E. O. Wilson is doing to me. It's inspiring me to see the wonder in the world. And there are so many people I'd like to get to know.

I don't know if any of this is making sense. I also just finished the last paper due before reading week and the relief is palpable. That's probably why I have this sudden lust for life. Comes from finishing the eternal assignment. Of course, there are plenty more yet to do, but that's in weeks to come! Lots of time!

Well, good night good peoples!

No comments: