Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Thoughtful...

The morning after my last post, a friend of mine e-mailed to tell me about his new born son. So, life and death. I don't think we normally see those two set against each other in such stark contrast, nor in such quick succession. But it has been sticking with me all week. One dies - sad, terrible, sorrowful, unlooked for. Another is born - joyful, wonderful, looked for in great anticipation.

God is still here. To weep with those who weep. To rejoice with those who rejoice. From ashes to ashes. From dust to dust. From life, to death, to life renewed.

" Then Job replied to the LORD :

"I know that you can do all things;
no plan of yours can be thwarted.

You asked, 'Who is this that obscures my counsel without knowledge?'
Surely I spoke of things I did not understand,
things too wonderful for me to know.

"You said, 'Listen now, and I will speak;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.'

My ears had heard of you
but now my eyes have seen you."

No comments: