Sunday, October 14, 2007

Back in Van...

So, I'm back after reading week.
I had a great time home, and if I didn't get to see you, I'm sorry. For those I got to see, it was great. It was sad to leave again, but it's good to be back here too. It's weird having two homes.
The flight in was awesome. I was on this little plane that descended quite a bit lower than the bigger ones do, so we can in skirting over the snow-capped mountains, while a beautiful sunset lit the peaks and the ocean on fire. There are those times when you are simply awestruck by the beauty that surrounds us, and this was one of those times.
Today I went to a new church, which I think I'll make my regular place. Kitsilano Community Church is this little congregation with a semi-liturgical, semi-evangelical service. It had great preaching, and lots of young families (children running around everywhere, which I always finds adds to the worship atmosphere). And they meet in this gorgeous Baptist church, which has a high vaulted ceiling and beautiful stained glass windows.
After the service, there was a meal and I got a chance to chat with the pastor, and listen to a group discussion about the church's goals in terms of outreach and community involvement. I liked what I heard.
So, I'll try it again, and possibly (hopefully) just settle right in.

No comments: