Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sorry!

I haven't blogged for a while, because, I've been procrastinating too much to consciously procrastinate by blogging. I know that probably does not make sense, but that's how it goes.

Nonetheless, in the last 40 hours or so I have been working my butt off. No, really. Other than a Thanksgiving dinner at Regent, I have spent the rest of the time working like crazy. Why? Well, deadlines on application, deadlines on assignments, and a huge standardized exam on Friday. I found out I don't know anything. Which is an issue. It turns out that the GRE exam I need for my applications tests MATH. I haven't done any math since high school. What is worse is that we can't use a calculator, so even basic things (like reducing fractions) takes me forever. With only about 2 min/per question I'm going to be in trouble. The verbal stuff will be fine, I'm sure, and the writing should be fine as well. But the math is going to kick my bum. So think of me, feverishly working away at trying to recall how to figure out how much time it will take Tom, Joe, and Shelly to paint the house if it takes Tom 2 hours by himself, Joe 6 hours, and Shelly 3 hours and a half.

Be merciful. Shoot me now.

No comments: